(For more information about Swimrun, see the page swim-run.se (in Swedish), from where the text below is copied and translated.)
What should I bring to my first swimrun race?
Packing can easily lead to a suitcase full of gear. You want to have all the essentials and not miss anything when on the start line. Here we have tried to collect the most common swimrun equipment.
Always good to have
- Wetsuit, should cover shoulders and reach down to your knees (not needed for our Family&Friends races)
- Shoes, with good grip and where water can exit easily
- Swimming goggles
- ID for the registration
- Whistle (not mandatory in Family&Friends)
- First aid kit
- Vaseline, for your neck to avoid blisters from the wetsuit or otherwise
Other things that are nice to have
- Pull buoy, or other flotation device (not larger than 50x50cm, except in Family 1km where any flotation device is allowed)
- Towline, if team members are not on the same level when swimming
- Earplugs for swimming
- High socks/calf guards
- Warmer tank top or shirt at low water temperatures
- Wool socks if it is cold
- Extra energy
Now you are ready to go. Good luck and have fun!